SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA), the leading provider of integrated, intelligent communication solutions for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments, today announced significant enhancements to its secure messaging platform. Already industry recognized for delivering reliable, HIPAA-compliant critical pages, text messages, alarms and alerts, the new Vocera Messaging features ensure unparalleled mobile workflow efficiency that legacy communication structures cannot provide.
A 2013 Ponemon Institute study reported that pagers and outdated technologies are costing U.S. hospitals $8.3 billion annually in decreased clinician productivity and increased patient discharge time. Vocera Messaging eliminates this communication uncertainty and inefficiency by securely sending and receiving important messages from smartphones, including: iPhone®, iPad®, BlackBerry® and Android™, a web-based console, or through integrated third-party clinical systems.
Key Vocera Messaging improvements include:
- On-Call Scheduling—allows system administrators to modify and communicate automatically both full and partial shift schedules and "on call" status to clinicians using smartphones.
- Improved Smartphone Clients—expands accessibility to iPad clients while improving usability for all smartphone users through customized alert tones, a Do Not Disturb mode and subsequent override function, as well as support for user profiles and photos.
- Improved Web Console—simplifies navigation for physicians and nurses while allowing users to receive alerts on their smartphone or Vocera Communication Badge.
- Server Enhancements— allows users to page entire Vocera group distribution lists and integrates Vocera Messaging, Vocera Voice and email functions.
"The secure delivery of critical alerts is a chief concern for hospitals as they adapt to physicians' and nurses' evolving use of mobile devices," said Chris Buckley, vice president, product management of Vocera. "Our newly released capabilities not only ensure additional integration and a more user friendly experience for hospital staff, but guarantee ease of mind for system administrators.""Holzer Health System has been relying on Vocera to make our delivery of care a seamless one both inside and outside of the hospital, regardless of the communication device," said Kevin Waller, director of communications for Holzer Health System. "We are extremely pleased to see these new enhancements in this latest version of the messaging solution. It's obvious that Vocera listens to its customers because the latest features incorporate our feedback and requirements, which in turn, enable us to provide better care to our patients." To see how Holzer has implemented Vocera to improve patient care, view this short video: Holzer Health System Implements Vocera solutions. For more information about Vocera Messaging solutions, please visit: http://www.vocera.com/messaging. About Vocera Vocera empowers integrated, intelligent communication for mission-critical environments in healthcare, hospitality, energy, retail and other mobile work environments. One of the fastest growing mobile technology companies, Vocera is widely recognized for developing smarter ways to communicate that improve patient and customer satisfaction. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Vocera® Voice Communication, Secure Messaging, and Patient Experience solutions are installed in more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with offices in Tennessee, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.vocera.com and @VoceraCom on Twitter. Media Contacts: Pam GoncalvesVocera 408.882.5763 firstname.lastname@example.org Thea LavinSchwartz MSL 415.512.0770 Vocera@schwartzmsl.com Related Link: Vocera Video with caption: "Holzer Health System staff explains how Vocera solutions help them focus on patient-centered care." Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHF4-4miYMk SOURCE Vocera
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV