THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) today announced that it will present new data on omecamtiv mecarbil, a small molecule cardiac myosin activator that is being studied for the treatment of heart failure in collaboration with Cytokinetics. Amgen will also present data on AMG 145, an investigational human monoclonal antibody that inhibits PCSK9, a protein that reduces the liver's ability to remove low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), or "bad" cholesterol, from the blood. 1 Amgen will present the data at the upcoming ESC Congress 2013, organized by the European Society of Cardiology, in Amsterdam.
Data from the Phase 2b ATOMIC-AHF study ( Acute Treatment with Omecamtiv Mecarbil to Increase Contractility in Acute Heart Failure), which evaluates the safety, tolerability and efficacy of an intravenous formulation of omecamtiv mecarbil in patients with acute heart failure, will be featured during a Hot Line Late Breaking Trials Session on Sept. 3 at 11:00 a.m. CEST.
Additionally, Amgen will highlight findings from the AMG 145 clinical program, including efficacy and safety data from a pooled analysis of four Phase 2 studies, which include MENDEL, LAPLACE-TIMI 57, GAUSS and RUTHERFORD.
"The data presented at this year's ESC Congress 2013 will highlight what we are doing through our R&D efforts to develop novel treatments that we hope will meet today's urgent cardiovascular needs," said Sean E. Harper, M.D., executive vice president of Research and Development at Amgen. "Amgen is establishing its presence in cardiovascular medicine and is committed to addressing difficult scientific questions, with the goal of advancing cardiac care and improving the lives of patients worldwide."Data presented on omecamtiv mecarbil will include:
- ATOMIC-AHF: Acute Treatment with Omecamtiv Mecarbil to Increase Contractility in Acute Heart Failure: Results from ATOMIC-AHF Abstract 4503, Hot Line Late Breaking Oral Presentation, Tuesday, Sept. 3, 11:18 – 11:30 a.m. CEST ( Amsterdam - Central Village)
- Efficacy of AMG 145, a Fully Human Monoclonal Antibody to PCSK9: Data from 1252 Patients in Four Phase 2 Studies Abstract 831, Oral Presentation, Sunday, Sept. 1, 8:30 – 8:45 a.m. CEST ( Algiers - Village 4)
- Safety of AMG 145, a Fully Human Monoclonal Antibody to PCSK9: Data from Four Phase 2 Studies in 1314 PatientsAbstract 683, Poster Presentation, Saturday, Aug. 31, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. CEST (Posters - Village 9)
- Statin Therapy is a Major Determinant of PCSK9 Plasma Concentration: Data from Four Clinical Trials with AMG 145Abstract P681, Poster Presentation, Saturday, Aug. 31, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. CEST (Posters - Village 9)
- Intolerance to Statins and Response to PCSK9 Inhibition with AMG 145Abstract P682, Poster Presentation, Saturday, Aug. 31, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. CEST (Posters - Village 9)
- Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of Long-Term Administration of AMG 145: Preliminary Results from the OSLER Study Abstract P4182, Poster Presentation, Monday, Sept. 2, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. CEST (Posters – Village 9)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV