Updated from 3:12 p.m. ET with market close information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Large banks saw their stocks hammered Tuesday as investors grew jittery over the possible use of force by the U.S. and European allies against the government of Syria.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average
The KBW Bank Index (I:BKX) saw its worst performance in over two years, down 3%to close at 63.27, with all 24 index components showing declines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV