The highly-anticipated conclusion to the Call of Duty Season Pass has arrived! Award-winning Treyarch and Activision Publishing cap off an epic season of Call of Duty®: Black Ops II downloadable content (DLC) with Apocalypse , available now on the Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft. The game’s fourth and final DLC Pack delivers four thrilling and diverse multiplayer maps, as well as “ Origins” – the all-new, wildly creative Zombies experience that reunites players with the original heroes going back to Call of Duty®: World at War, and closes this chapter of the Zombies story arch for Call of Duty: Black Ops II .
“We have been going hard at it all year, supporting the game , and delivering new content and experiences for fans, and Apocalypse is the perfect conclusion to the Black Ops 2 season of content,” said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for the developer Treyarch. “Multiplayer fans have it all with this one, and Origins will yet again set a new bar for Zombies.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse delivers four diverse multiplayer maps:
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level strategies as they traverse the terrain in order to outsmart, and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of “ Stadium” from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on “ Takeoff.” Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite “ Courtyard” from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “ Courtyard” with two major chokepoints and a wide open layout with raised platforms, but has also provided fans with a fresh take by including a multitude of pathways.
In addition to the four maps, Apocalypse also reveals “ Origins,” the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to a Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France that brings back the four original heroes – Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen – from the very first Zombies map featured in Call of Duty: World at War, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun the French countryside’s trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of an ancient and mysterious location.Apocalypse also marks Treyarch’s partnership with award-winning Warner Bros. Records rock band, Avenged Sevenfold, whose new song, “ Shepherd of Fire” from their just released album, “ Hail to the King,” headlines the soundtrack to the game’s Zombies experience. Along with Avenged Sevenfold, Treyarch also enlisted the talent of famed comics illustrator and painter, Alex Ross, to lend his talent to “ Origins,” providing original Zombies art depicting the four returning hero characters. Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse is available today first, exclusively on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft for a suggested retail price of $14.99, with other platforms to follow. Players who have already purchased the Season Pass on Xbox 360 can download Apocalypse now. Call of Duty: Black Ops II is rated “M” (Mature – Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Drugs – content suitable for persons ages 17 and older) by the ESRB. More information on Call of Duty: Black Ops II can be found at http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2 or on www.facebook.com/codblackops. Fans can also follow @Treyarch on Twitter. About Treyarch Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer, wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc. whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track. About Activision Publishing, Inc. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV