When sending kids to school with an after-school snack when a refrigerator isn't available, Beauvais recommends packing nourishing, shelf-stable foods, such as:
- Breads/grains: Single-serving boxes of whole-wheat cereal, trail mix, energy bars, granola bars, cereal bars, whole-wheat bagels and popcorn without added butter
- Fruits and vegetables: Carrot and celery sticks and other cut-up raw vegetables, grapes, single-serve applesauce, washed whole fruit (apples, peaches, bananas), dried fruit mix and 100-percent juice boxes
- Meat and other protein sources: Cans of tuna, peanut butter (for sandwiches or with celery and apples), nuts and single-serve packages of peanut butter and whole-wheat crackers.
Teach your children to carefully wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before eating or handling food. Include a packet of moist towelettes in your child's lunch to serve as a friendly reminder to clean up before lunchtime.
For more tips on reducing your risk of food poisoning, visit www.HomeFoodSafety.org, which includes tips on lunchbox safety, reheating dinner and leftover safety and educational activities for kids such as the handwashing maze.
The Home Food Safety program also offers the free Is My Food Safe? mobile app, which includes a kitchen safety quiz, safe cooking temperatures and a guide for shelf-life of foods.For media interviews with registered dietitian nutritionists, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Home Food Safety program is dedicated to raising consumer awareness about the seriousness of food poisoning and providing solutions for easily and safely handling food in their own kitchens. The program is a collaborative effort between the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, and ConAgra Foods, Inc., the largest private brand packaged food business in North America, and a strong commercial and foodservice business. More information about the Home Food Safety program can be found at www.HomeFoodSafety.org. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. To locate a registered dietitian in your area, visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at www.eatright.org. ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG) is one of North America's largest packaged food companies. Its balanced portfolio includes consumer brands found in 97 percent of America's households, the largest private brand packaged food business in North America, and a strong commercial and foodservice business. Consumers can find recognized brands such as Egg Beaters®, Healthy Choice®, Hunt's®, Marie Callender's®, Orville Redenbacher's®, and many other ConAgra Foods brands, along with food sold by ConAgra Foods under private brand labels, in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise, club stores and drugstores. ConAgra Foods also has a strong commercial foods presence, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products as well as other vegetable, spice, bakery and grain products to a variety of well-known restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. For more information, please visit us at www.conagrafoods.com. Media contact: Ryan O'Malley, Allison MacMunn800/877-1600, ext. 4769, 4802 email@example.com SOURCE Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV