Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Vyomesh I. Joshi has been elected to its Board of Directors, effective September 1, 2013.
Joshi, 59, retired in 2012 after a 32-year career at Hewlett-Packard Company, where he most recently was executive vice president of the company’s Imaging and Printing Group, responsible for all worldwide printing, scanning and digital camera platforms for the company. He joined HP in 1980 as a research and development engineer and went on to hold management positions of increasing responsibility within the company until his retirement.
“VJ is a visionary whose achievements, technology acumen and global experience make him a strong addition to our board,” said Thomas A. Dattilo, chairman of the Board of Directors.
“VJ’s in-depth knowledge of commercial technology and global markets will be invaluable to Harris as we continue to expand internationally and fully leverage our increasing investments in new technologies,” said William M. Brown, president and chief executive officer.Joshi is a director of Wipro Limited and served as a member of the Board of Directors at Yahoo! Inc. from 2005 to 2012. He is a member of the Dean's Advisory Council at The Rady School of Management at the University of California, San Diego. He holds master's degree in Electrical Engineering from The Ohio State University. A high-resolution photograph is available: Vyomesh Joshi About Harris Corporation Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $5 billion of annual revenue and about 14,000 employees — including 6,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications ® products, systems and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV