NEW YORK, Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of Hi Tech Pharmacal Co. Inc. (NASDAQ: HITK) on behalf of shareholders. It was announced that Akorn Inc. will acquire Hi-Tech for $640 million, or $43.50 per share.
The investigation concerns whether the senior management and board of directors breached their fiduciary duties to shareholders by not engaging in a full and fair process to ensure shareholders received the maximum value for their shares. Indeed, the company has over $100 million in cash and virtually no debt which equals to approx. $7 per share in cash, which will go to Akorn to reduce the value of the price to only $36.50 per share to them. Further, senior management of Hi Tech entered into new lucrative employment agreements before agreeing to sell the company the Akorn.
If you are a shareholder of Hi Tech and would like additional information regarding this matter, at no cost or expense, please contact us at:
Tripp Levy PLLC New York, New York Toll free: 1-877-772-3975 Email: email@example.comSOURCE Tripp Levy PLLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV