PG&E (NYSE: PCG) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.40%. PG&E Corporation, through its subsidiary, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, operates as a public utility company in northern and central California. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.77. The average volume for PG&E has been 2,851,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. PG&E has a market cap of $18.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates PG&E as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PCG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 38.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $239.00 million to $332.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PG&E CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- PG&E CORP has improved earnings per share by 34.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PG&E CORP reported lower earnings of $1.91 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.65 versus $1.91).
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts