CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.50%. CenturyLink, Inc. operates as an integrated telecommunications company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.66. The average volume for CenturyLink has been 5,454,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CenturyLink has a market cap of $20.0 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are down 7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates CenturyLink as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 263.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $74.00 million to $269.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,469.00 million or 20.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.93%.
- CENTURYLINK INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CENTURYLINK INC reported lower earnings of $1.24 versus $1.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.71 versus $1.24).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full CenturyLink Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV