AMSTERDAM, Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Menlo, the global logistics and supply chain management unit of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), is pleased to announce that it has been appointed as the global forwarder manager (GFM) by MAQUET in order to create an economic and simplified global supply chain. Menlo will also be tasked with reducing MAQUET's current roster of carriers.
"Our skills in transportation management are well-tested. Their application to the challenge presented by our long-term business partner MAQUET is a task that I heartily welcome," commented Tony Gunn, Menlo's managing director, Europe. "In extending the services we offer to this customer, including freight audit and pay and supply chain optimization programs emanating from our application of Lean management principles, we can grow together in efficiency and effectiveness."
The logistics operator will act as a GFM controlling and managing carriers and all shipments from three "control towers" — one in each of MAQUET'S primary trading regions. These will be at Menlo facilities in Eersel ( Netherlands) for Europe, Auburn Hills ( Michigan) for North America and Shanghai ( China) for the Asia-Pacific region.Frank Kozar, vice president, global supply chain at MAQUET, commented on the development: "Having worked with Menlo in various geographies and on a number of different elements of our supply chain, we feel very comfortable with extending our partnership to global forwarder management. Menlo's values are in step with our own and their commitment to continuous improvement in managing supply chains is crucial in maintaining our products as market leaders in an increasingly competitive environment." This development of MAQUET business further underlines the expertise that Menlo has proven in fulfilling the strict requirements in the medical device sector.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV