LOUISVILLE, Ky., Aug. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kentuckians love their pizza. But in a few short months, everything they thought they knew about getting their own perfect, individualized pizza will change. For the better.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=20684
Pie Five Pizza Co., a subsidiary of Pizza Inn Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZI), announced today that it has awarded 10 franchise units to Lonnie and Connie Young and Curt and Carrie Currell, who will bring the trend-setting concept to the greater Louisville (including the five Indiana border counties) and Lexington markets.The successful restaurateurs previously owned and operated a dozen McAlister's Deli locations in Kentucky, Indiana and North Carolina. "Fast casual concepts are sweeping the nation, and it's becoming very clear that Pie Five is setting the standard in the pizza space," said Lonnie Young. "They have a winning business model as well as an outstanding leadership team committed to the success of its franchisees. We couldn't be more excited about bringing Pie Five to Kentucky." Pie Five has been named a 2013 Top 50 Restaurant Brand of the Year, a 2012 Hot Concepts winner by Nation's Restaurant News and one of "10 Hot New Restaurant Chains from Established Brands" by Forbes.com. "As we continue our expansion across the nation, we've been capturing the attention of many outstanding restaurant operators that recognize the game-changing potential of Pie Five," said Madison Jobe, chief development officer for Pie Five. "Lonnie and Curt are exactly the kind of franchise partners we are looking for. They know the local market, they've produced great results in the fast-casual space and they understand the key to success is delivering a consistent, high-quality product to every guest every time."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV