BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- 2013 has been a mixed bag for commodity investors. While materials such as gold and steel have gotten shellacked this year, others, such as oil and hogs, have rallied hard since the start of the year.
That diversity is paving the way to gains right now in a handful of commodity-driven stock names this month. The timing couldn't be better. As I write, stock investors are cringing as the market flirts with all-time highs, wondering how much is too much for the S&P 500 and the Dow. With ramped-up anxiety starting to take its toll on stock performance in the last couple of weeks, it makes sense to focus on names getting more influence from outside factors like the commodities market.
To do that, we're taking a technical look atfive commodity-focused stocks worth trading this week.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy This Week So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV