As Syria Escalates, Look to Defense ETFs
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Secretary of State John Kerry did not mince words Monday in the wake of a chemical attack by the Syrian government upon its own people.
He called the attack a moral obscenity and said the U.S. will respond to it.
After taking a few minutes to digest Kerry's comments, the stock market sold off in the last 50 minutes of the day.
An escalation of military activity will draw investment attention to defense industry stocks on the logic that increased military spending in the face of war or other military action would be a positive for the related companies.There are three defense-related ETFs, all of which are very similar, for investors looking to own an industry that has a fundamental chance of going up during a military conflict.
- iShares US Aerospace & Defense ETF (ITA)
- PowerShares Aerospace & Defense Portfolio (PPA)
- SPDR S&P Aerospace & Defense ETF (XAR)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts