Three Greenway Customers Receive Innovation Awards At PrimeLEADER 2013 User Conference
Three leading-edge healthcare providers in Colorado, New Mexico and Tennessee each received a Greenway Innovation Award ™ last week for demonstrating leadership in care delivery by using the integrated PrimeSUITE® platform to facilitate data exchange and improve both care coordination and overall population health. Greenway presented the awards at its annual PrimeLEADER ™ User Conference at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Washington, DC on Aug. 22-25.
Greenway’s PrimeLEADER 2013 was the company’s most-attended user conference to date, the result of continuing adoption of PrimeSUITE by care providers nationwide. This year’s conference featured more than 400 general, breakout and training sessions attended by a record 2,200 Greenway customers, business partners and staff.
Major issues discussed included preparation for the Oct. 1, 2014 transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10-CM coding, clinically driven revenue cycle management ™ (RCM), meaningful use Stage 2, and preparing for new models of value-based medicine, among other topics.
Special guest speaker was Farzad Mostashari, MD, ScM, outgoing national coordinator for health information technology at the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. Dr. Mostashari spoke on the value of advanced health information technology to impact care quality and coordination, and the challenges that still lie ahead. Also speaking was Wes Moore, best-selling author, speaker and host of the television show “Beyond Belief.”Innovation Award Winners Embody Leadership Theme The theme of PrimeLEADER 2013 was LEADERSHIP, and Greenway Innovation Awards nominees shared how they took action with PrimeSUITE to improve patient engagement, quality of care and practice efficiencies. Submissions were evaluated by independent IT experts from award sponsors HP and Intel. Each winner receives Greenway service credits, an HP EliteBook Revolve and a round of golf with Greenway partner Jason Dufner, winner of the 2013 PGA Championship. Award submissions were grouped into three categories according to number of providers. From the enterprise to small-practice categories, winners were as follows:
- Boulder Community Hospital Physician Clinics , Boulder, CO — With more than 200 providers and other PrimeSUITE users in 14 locations, this enterprise is attesting for patient-centered medical home status in 11 family medicine and internal medicine practices, and has five practices participating in the innovative CMS Comprehensive Primary Care ( CPC) initiative project for Colorado. PrimeSUITE and Greenway API-Certified partner Wellcentive receive supporting data from the Colorado Regional Health Information Organization (CORHIO) to drive processes that keep patients from unnecessary hospitalizations, reduce readmissions, and meet the qualifications of CMS-funded grants. The enterprise has also significantly streamlined workflows to reduce duplicate work and emergency visits, and all clinics have all patient information they need to provide up-to-date, coordinated, comprehensive healthcare.
- Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless , Albuquerque, NM — With 75 providers and users today working from a central location, this federally funded Health Care for the Homeless project has provided primary health care, dental care, mental health and addiction services to homeless individuals and families in Albuquerque since 1985. With primary care administered on streets and in shelters, these caregivers rarely know who they will see in advance of patient contact. The organization switched from another EHR to PrimeSUITE to gain real-time field access to all patient records at any location, resulting in a reduction of errors, delays and patient visits to the clinic; freed-up time and resources; and greater efficiencies in off-site charting and submission of labs, prescriptions and other orders.
- Regional Obstetrical Consultants , Chattanooga, TN — This group of high-risk obstetricians and related healthcare professionals uses satellite offices and telemedicine centers to eliminate the cost and stress of patient travel for care in a mountainous, rural region. PrimeSUITE delivers real-time patient info to remote locations, enabling physicians to deliver the same quality of care as if patients had traveled to them. Referrals, kept appointments and reimbursements have all improved dramatically, with no increase in treatment costs to patients and no travel required. Unlike the previous paper-based system, PrimeSUITE also supports consistent charting among five physicians, all of whom see all patients, and streamlines reporting to billing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV