NEW YORK, Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH and NCC Media today announced the formation of a groundbreaking partnership that expands upon the cable industry's collaborative I+ initiative which links cable, satellite and telco companies' ad inventory. The agreement will combine ad impressions in over 3 million additional DISH subscriber homes with those of NCC owners Comcast, Cox and Time Warner Cable in 25 of the largest US markets, delivering tremendous advantages to advertisers - greater local reach and penetration against targeted consumers in the best programming on television.
The arrangement crowns a decade- long effort by NCC and its owners to consolidate the advertising reach of all US MVPD's, brings DISH to the local advertising market for the first time and creates a golden opportunity for MVPD's to grow ad revenues together. DISH's newly developed targeted ad system will be integrated with existing local market cable advertising platforms, called 'interconnects', greatly increasing an ad campaign's coverage. The platform is available to advertisers via NCC's sales force in 16 offices across the country, and to local marketers via the local interconnect sales teams of Comcast, Cox and Time Warner Cable.
"This partnership with NCC Media is an exciting new chapter, leveraging DISH's market-leading technology for delivering targeted television advertising," says Warren Schlichting, Senior Vice President, Ad Sales at DISH. "By gaining access to the country's third largest pay-TV provider's customers, local and national spot TV advertisers can now speak with millions of consumers who were simply not accessible before."
DISH's addressable technology enables zone-targeted ads to be stored within DVR enabled set top boxes, allowing for the insertion of ads in local breaks across multiple cable networks. The DISH component of the existing I+ platform will be operational in late 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV