CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPW) today announced a new operational leadership alignment focused on improving its operating performance and strengthening its foundation for future growth.
The new alignment includes the following senior leadership changes:
- After 16 years of service, Don Canterna, former President of the Flow Technology segment, retired from the company on August 26, 2013 due to a medical disability
- Two new operational positions have been created, with:
- David Kowalski promoted to President of Global Manufacturing Operations
- Ross Skelton promoted to Chief Commercial Officer
- The Flow Technology segment's reporting units are now aligned by end market:
- Tony Renzi promoted to President of Flow Power & Energy
- Marc Michael promoted to President of Flow Food & Beverage
- David Wilson promoted to President of Flow Industrial
Each of the newly promoted leaders has been a key part of SPX's leadership development and succession planning programs for several years. They will report directly to Chris Kearney, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Kearney said, " Don Canterna played a major role in building SPX and we have a tremendous amount of gratitude and respect for Don and his accomplishments. Under Don's leadership, our Flow segment has grown significantly and is well positioned to deliver improved financial results as the company moves forward.""In addition, his disciplined approach to operational excellence and his personal commitment to leadership development built a strong team within our Flow segment and we expect the newly promoted Flow leaders to transition seamlessly into their new roles." "Our new operational alignment is the next significant step in the development of our company and is designed to improve our operating efficiency and enhance our customer focus by more closely aligning our organizational resources with our customers," said Kearney.