Foot Locker (FL) ($33.02) missed EPS estimates by 2 cents earning 46 cents a share premarket on Friday. The buy-rated stock failed to hold its 200-day SMA at $34.34 and traded to a day's low at $32.50. I do not have a value level and the 2013 low is $31.12 set on the first trading day of the year. My monthly pivot is $33.38 with a weekly risky level at $35.55.
Gamestop (GME) ($52.38) beat EPS estimates by 5 cents earning 9 cents a share premarket on Thursday. The stock opened with a moon-shot to a new multi-year high at $56.08. This strength caused the stock to be downgraded to hold from buy and hence Friday's close was down 7.7% from the high. My monthly value level is $42.53 with a weekly pivot at $52.55, which was a magnet on Monday.
Gap (GPS) ($41.43) matched EPS estimates earning 64 cents a share after the close on Thursday. The buy-rated stock traded slightly higher on Friday, but closed slightly lower. My semiannual value level is $37.17 with monthly and quarterly pivots at $42.01 and $42.78 and a weekly risky level at $46.39.
Children's Place (PLCE) ($55.30) beat EPS estimates by 12 cents reporting a better than expected loss of 42 cents a share premarket on Thursday. The buy-rated stock popped from a Wednesday close at $51.40 to a fresh 2013 high at $58.88. The stock tested my monthly value level at $51.29 at the Wednesday pre-earnings low. My annual and quarterly pivots are $57.18 and $57.70 semiannual risky levels at $67.12 and $68.68.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV