NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's earnings scorecard features nine companies that reported quarterly results Thursday and Friday. I previewed these buy-rated stocks Wednesday in Dollar Tree, Gap, Big Lots Earnings Lead Buy Rated Retailers. Three of these stocks beat earnings per share estimates, two matched estimates and four missed estimates. Two stocks were sent to the investor woodshed while one had a moon-shot.
Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) ($37.70) missed EPS estimates by 12 cents earning 16 cents a share. The stock was sent to the investor woodshed trading down from $46.80 at the Wednesday close to as low as $36.90 on Thursday, which was a test of my quarterly value level, now a pivot at $37.84. This severe decline in the stock price was enough for ValuEngine to upgrade the retailer to strong buy from buy, but I do not have a value level at this time. This week's risky level is $49.24.
Ann (ANN) ($34.26) beat EPS estimates by 11 cents premarket on Friday earning 76 cents a share. The stock stayed above its 200-day SMA at $31.46 and maintains its buy rating. My annual value level is $30.07 with a quarterly pivot at $33.62 and semiannual risky level at $40.61.
Aeropostale (ARO) ($8.71) missed EPS estimates by 10 cents reporting a loss of 34 cents a share. The stock had been sliding lower since Aug. 1 and closed Thursday at $10.98 before taking the trip to the investor woodshed Friday down to a new multi-year low at $8.59. This weakness resulted in an upgrade to strong buy fro buy according to ValuEngine. My quarterly value level is $6.11 with a weekly risky level at $11.71.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV