- Total revenue decreased 16.7% to $33.2 million from $39.8 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Revenue from the retail segment decreased 14.7% to $24.5 million, including a comparable store sales decrease of 14.9%. Revenue from the direct segment decreased 21.8% to $8.7 million.
- Consolidated gross margin was 20.9% compared to 31.6% in the prior year quarter, primarily due to increased inventory reserves, lower merchandise margins associated with higher markdowns on legacy product and the deleveraging of occupancy costs.
- Loss from continuing operations was $11.1 million compared to a loss from continuing operations for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 of $5.4 million. Overhead expenses previously allocated to the Alloy business have now been reallocated to continuing operations for both fiscal 2013 and 2012. These costs were approximately $1.2 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
- The Company closed an underwritten follow-on public offering of its common stock with proceeds of approximately $14.8 million, net of underwriting discounts and commissions, as well as a private placement of convertible notes that, subject to approval of stockholders, will provide proceeds of approximately $20.3 million, net of placement agent fees.
DELiA*s, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.