NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Holy crap! Is summer over already? It seems like only yesterday when we were hanging out at a Memorial Day BBQ, plotting to write the next great American novel and counting the hot, hazy days until Michael Dell bought back his own company.
Well, Labor Day is now upon us and neither Mike nor us has made much headway toward our goals. Sad to say, that summer wind has blown right by us both.
Still, the summer of 2013 wasn't a total waste. We may not have penned the next Huckleberry Finn -- that will have to wait till next summer -- but we did have a whole lot of fun finding Wall Street's dumbest things these past three months.
So before we officially close the books on the season and focus on the fall, here's a quick look back at the 5 Dumbest Things on Wall Street This Summer.We'll see you in September. (You too Mike, especially if Carl Icahn has his way!)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV