PENNINGTON, N.J., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Knowing where and when to cruise this fall can mean big savings, and Cruise Critic® ( http://www.cruisecritic.com), the leading cruise reviews and information site, shares the top cruise destinations to find off-season deals this fall.
Caribbean Low Season: September – Early January (excluding holiday weeks)
- Perks: The fall is a great time for last-minute availability and bargains – usually hundreds of dollars less per person than during the peak season. Although there is a threat of tropical storms, weather tends to be enjoyable and there are less crowds.
- Caveat: Hurricane season still poses a threat through November; if a storm is brewing in Florida or the Caribbean, it can mean a change in ports of call.
List of current Caribbean Cruise Deals
Europe's Rivers Low Season: October – December
- Perks: Enjoy the castles, cathedrals and quaint shops without the summer crowds. A number of river cruise lines offer special Christmas market shopping cruises.
- Caveat: The weather can be especially cold, but for shoppers and Christmas lovers it's a unique way to experience the seasonal markets along the riverside.
- Perks: Less crowds and good deals, especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacation. More ships visit the islands in late September and October after the end of the Alaska season.
- Caveat: Hurricanes rarely affect the islands, but they come closest in September – bringing humidity and storms.
- Perks: More competitive fares and fewer crowds in port. Flights to Europe are generally lower around this time as well.
- Caveat: Ship inventory is not as high year-round; look for cruises in the warmer regions of the Mediterranean, such as Spain, Morocco and the Canary Islands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV