Covidien (NYSE: COV), a leading global provider of healthcare products, today announced the opening of the Covidien Center of Innovation Korea (CCI Korea), its first research & development (R&D) and training & education center in Korea.
With a total investment of US$21 million over a three year period, CCI Korea is a high-tech medical training center focused on raising awareness of various disease states and providing opportunities for advancing healthcare professionals’ capabilities by creating access to a full-range of Covidien’s medical devices.
“It is our responsibility and honor to help advance physician capabilities and uncover opportunities for locally tailored solutions to increase access to the best patient care,” said Mr. Brian D. King, President, Emerging Markets, Covidien. “Korea is a key market in our global strategy, and this investment is a reflection of our commitment to partnering with Korean healthcare professionals.”
CCI Korea is Covidien’s first comprehensive training and education center in Korea with R&D capacity, allowing healthcare professionals and medical trainees to actively engage in the design and development of medical devices.CCI Korea spans an area of more than 6,000 square meters and includes:
- A surgical lab with 11 operating stations
- An intensive care unit (ICU) lab with two ICU stations and a human patient simulator
- An auditorium with seating capacity for 112 people, which has 3D/high-definition display technology and a state-of-the-art, optimized sound system to provide an immersive and experiential training environment
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts