SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today the Connected Farm™ dashboard, which provides one centralized location for farmers to view key information impacting their operations. With this information, farmers will be able to make better daily decisions based on the latest data. The Connected Farm dashboard is customizable and accessible via Internet-enabled devices such as desktop and notebook personal computers, smartphones and tablets, and Trimble's new TMX-2050™ display.
The Connected Farm dashboard will allow farmers to:
- Check daily rainfall totals for each virtual rain gauge—without the use of physical rain gauges. (Made possible by Trimble's acquisition of RainWave's assets). This will allow a farmer to reprogram his irrigation system based on the previous evening's rainfall, optimizing the use of water.
- View the weather forecast weekly, daily, or hourly for a given location including temperature, humidity, chance of precipitation and wind speed. For example, wind speed will allow a farmer to plan when to spray a given field.
- Set up a Doppler radar map to show upcoming weather patterns for their area. This will allow a farmer to assess in real time whether or not to continue with a current activity.
- Check the latest commodity prices. Farmers will be able to select the commodities that matter to them and list them based on personal priority.
- View farming operations data. For example, if the farmer is viewing yesterday's planting activities, the dashboard may show population, singulation, skips and doubles.
- Monitor a fleet by tracking the location and status of vehicles and receive geo-fence and curfew alerts. Farmers also can link through to Trimble's new Connected Farm fleet app to add landmarks or for turn-by-turn directions to locate vehicles from their current position, and view historical positions.
- View a boundaries map created with Trimble's Connected Farm scout app.
Following the completion of the recently announced IQ Irrigation asset acquisition, irrigation pivot data is expected to be available on the Connected Farm dashboard in New Zealand in the fourth quarter of 2013 and the U.S. in the first half of 2014.
These features will allow farmers to use their proprietary information to make real-time decisions needed to manage operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV