Nissan U.S. Manufacturing On Track To Nearly Double Export Markets By End Of 2015
IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With significantly increasing production capacity in the United States, Nissan projects its U.S. plants will nearly double the number of export markets it will be able to serve by 2015.
In August, Nissan shipped the first of more than 900 U.S.-built, right-hand drive Pathfinders to Australia and New Zealand. With the addition of these two new markets, Nissan is now able to export vehicles from its Smyrna, Tenn. vehicle assembly plant to 61 markets around the world.
In 2014, Nissan's Canton, Miss. vehicle assembly plant will become the global source for Murano production, creating export opportunities in as many as 119 markets."Shipping right-hand drive vehicles half way around the world from Tennessee at one time may have seemed exotic to us, but now it's an increasingly common event on our path to becoming a net exporter," said Bill Krueger, senior vice president, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Production Engineering and Supply Chain Management, Nissan Americas. The expansion to Australia and New Zealand is just the latest milestone in an aggressive and growing export strategy for Nissan, with 12 percent of U.S. production going to export markets in 2012. Export volumes are expected to approach 14 percent of U.S. production in 2013 as the company continues to localize global products to the U.S. and launch in new markets around the world. Krueger said: "While we quickly increase our capacity to satisfy local demand in the region, Nissan's U.S. plants have been charged to take a lead role in the production of some of our most important global models. As a result, more American-built Nissan vehicles will make their way to more global markets than ever before."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV