BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) responded today to an inaccurate media report characterizing its relationship with Paragon Financial Group, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. The bank clarified that it has recently extended a modest loan to the company and is very pleased to have them as customers of the bank. BankUnited stressed, however, that it is not in "partnership" with Paragon and is not involved in any way with opening lending offices with the company.
About BankUnited, N.A.
BankUnited, N.A., a national bank and wholly-owned subsidiary of
BankUnited, Inc. (NYSE: BKU), is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida
with $13.1 billion of assets, 98 banking centers in 15 Florida counties
and four banking centers in the New York metropolitan area at June 30,
2013. Ranked 10th on Forbes Magazine's list of "Best Banks in America
2012," and one of the largest independent depository institutions
headquartered in Florida by assets, BankUnited provides a wide range of
commercial and consumer banking services. For additional information,
call (877) 779-2265 or visit
BankUnited can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/BankUnited.official
and on Twitter @BankUnited.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV