PHOENIX, Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG) announced today that retired Army General Ann E. Dunwoody and Tomago Collins have been elected to its Board of Directors. Republic's Board now consists of 12 members, 11 of whom are independent directors.
Commenting on these additions to the Board, Don Slager, president and CEO, said, "We are very pleased to welcome Ann and Tomago to our Board. Their combined expertise in logistics, strategic planning and communications will serve Republic well as we continue to build positive momentum in our growth trajectory. We look forward to working with them and welcome the experience, vision and counsel they will bring to Republic."
General Ann E. Dunwoody General Dunwoody retired as a four-star Army General in October 2012 after 37 years of historic and distinguished service. For the last four years of her service, she led the largest global logistics command in the Army, comprised of 69,000 military and civilian personnel located in all 50 states and more than 140 countries. She managed and operationalized the Army's global supply chain for numerous engagements, including support of Iraq and Afghanistan, contingency operations in Haiti, Pakistan and Japan, and the Base Realignment and Closing move of Command Headquarters from Fort Belvoir, Va., to Huntsville, Ala. General Dunwoody is the first woman in U.S. military and uniformed service history to achieve a four-star officer rank.Currently, General Dunwoody is president of First 2 Four, LLC, a leadership mentoring and strategic advisory services company that offers visionary insights for managing large organizations to posture them for the future. She serves on the Board of Directors of L-3 Communications and Logistics Management Institute.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV