RADNOR, Pa., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE: LNC) has announced the appointments of two accomplished investment management executives, effective today. Andrew Yorks, 42, joined the company as senior vice president, serving as the head of Markets and Investment Strategy. Scott Pelkola, 49, has also joined the organization as senior vice president and head of Fixed Income.
Both individuals will report directly to Ellen Cooper, executive vice president and chief investment officer. They join the company in newly created positions.
"We are thrilled that Andrew and Scott have decided to join Lincoln," said Cooper. "They are both highly accomplished investment professionals with deep backgrounds in asset management, capital markets and insurance. Their wealth of experience will be a benefit to the company and our clients."
Yorks will spearhead the company's overall markets and investment strategy, providing thought leadership and specialized markets expertise across all asset classes."Andrew has a long and successful track record of driving results as an investor, innovator, and investment strategist," said Cooper. "We are honored to have Andrew join our team and he will play a pivotal role in delivering value to our organization." In Pelkola's role as Head of Fixed Income, he is responsible for setting, implementing and providing oversight for Lincoln's fixed income investment strategy. Among his priorities, he will drive and execute a fixed income process to support the company's multi-manager framework that includes portfolio management analytics, an asset allocation framework, and oversight of tactical fixed income asset managers. "Scott is a talented business leader with vision and strong strategic skills, coupled with broad markets experience as an insurance company portfolio manager, asset allocation strategist, and fixed income specialist," said Cooper.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV