CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lance® sandwich crackers are giving parents and students more reasons to head back to school with a smile. In addition to baking a variety of great-tasting snacks with up to 6 grams of protein per serving, the leading sandwich cracker brand has launched the Lance® "Back to School" Sweepstakes to help alleviate some of the stress associated with tuition costs and school supplies.
To view the multimedia content associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/62703-lance-sandwich-crackers-back-to-school-sweepstakes/
"At Lance we have the easy part in supporting kids —making sandwich crackers filled with protein and real peanut butter or cheese," said Tom Ingram, Senior Brand Director, Bakery at Snyder's-Lance, Inc. "We applaud the parents and educators who nourish kids of all ages with essential reading, writing, math, science and critical thinking skills. The education focused sweepstakes and prizes further demonstrate our commitment to support learning and education for kids of all ages."As part of the brand's ongoing 100 th anniversary celebration, Lance® is offering parents and students an abundance of instant win and weekly prize opportunities. The online sweepstakes also features three grand prizes of $10,000 to help defray rising tuition costs. The average cost of annual tuition and fees at a four-year higher-education public institution has nearly doubled in the past ten years, according to data from the College Board. School supply shopping is no small matter, either. The National Retail Federation estimates that families with school-age children will spend an average of $634.78 this summer on apparel, shoes, supplies and electronics in preparation for the 2013-14 school year. That's why Lance® sandwich crackers will also select a total of 200 entrants to receive a $100 Visa® gift card and another 3,500 consumers to win a limited edition Lance lunch bag during the nine-week Lance "Back to School" Sweepstakes. Consumers can enter the contest every day through September 15, 2013 via the Lance® Facebook page or www.Happy100Lance.com. Nearly two dozen gift card winners will be announced each week, while about 55 consumers per day will win the lunch bag prize as part of the Instant Win play. In addition to holding several sweepstakes as part of its 100 th celebration, Lance has been giving consumers more to love about America's favorite sandwich cracker throughout this year.
- Traveled the country in search of hungry snackers The Lance Snack Patrol team and its cars have been showing up at parks and community events across the U.S., surprising kids and adults with free sandwich crackers and fun-filled activities.
- Increased the amount of whole grains in its Whole Grain sandwich crackers Each serving of Lance® Whole Grain sandwich crackers is now 51 percent whole grains and has 11 grams of whole grains per serving (previously 9 grams). All three varieties have real peanut butter, cheddar cheese or sharp cheddar cheese sandwiched between two crisp, baked crackers.
- Launched Xtra Fulls™ Toastchee ® and Xtra Fulls™ Toasty™ These newest sandwich cracker varieties have even more of the real, whip-churned peanut butter filling which consumers love as well as up to 6 grams of protein per serving. Lance makes its own freshly-ground peanut butter in Georgia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV