RALEIGH, N.C., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As students prepare to head back to class this fall, 13 school districts across North Carolina – from Asheville to the coast – are using new wireless technology to provide information about their school buses—improving student safety and creating real time information for parents and administrators. Synovia Solutions developed the technology so school district officials can see detailed information for each bus in their fleet and receive alerts to ensure drivers travel at safe speeds and stop at railroad crossings. Every time the bus stops and opens its doors, information is sent to school officials about the location, time and duration of the stop.
Synovia's solution boosts bus driver productivity giving them the ability to clock in or out right from the driver's seat. The device also helps reduce fuel consumption through a dashboard that highlights issues like excessive idling. One optional component of the school bus tracker enables students to sign in and off the bus using their student ID card providing parents confirmation their child arrived safely to school in the morning or back home in the afternoon.
"Parents entrust us each day with the safety of their children, and this solution aids in our ability to manage a fleet of 300 school buses on a daily basis with advanced monitoring capabilities," said Scott Denton, transportation director for Durham Public Schools. "I now feel as if I'm riding alongside each of our drivers— morning and afternoon."
The bus tracker solution also keeps kids safe and on time for the morning bell by reporting engine updates before the problem worsens and leaves students stranded. School officials are alerted automatically if a bus is running behind schedule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV