ST. LOUIS and SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at VMworld® 2013, Savvis, a CenturyLink company (NYSE: CTL), and VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) announced they have expanded their partnership to include Savvis' adoption of VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™.
During today's VMworld General Session keynote, VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger announced the general availability of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service and VMware's agreement with Savvis to be its hosting partner in the U.S. and Canada:
- By deploying instances of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service within Savvis' North American data center footprint in 2013 and 2014
- By Savvis' adoption of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service in its cloud orchestration roadmap
- Through development of complementary, secure low-latency network services for VMware vCloud Hybrid Service customers using the CenturyLink global network
"Savvis is proud to expand our VMware partnership to integrate our offerings with VMware vCloud Hybrid Service™," said Jeff Von Deylen, president of Savvis. "Customers using VMware vCloud Hybrid Service will benefit from our broad portfolio of network, colocation, managed hosting, managed services and cloud services to enable custom IT solutions. Hybrid cloud customers are looking for the kind of secure, low-latency network connectivity solutions that Savvis and CenturyLink can provide.""Building on VMware's longstanding relationship with Savvis, this alliance will enable new and existing business applications to run seamlessly both on- and off-premises," said Bill Fathers, senior vice president and general manager, Hybrid Cloud Services Business Unit, VMware. "Customers can gain new data center locations for VMware vCloud ® Hybrid Service ™ and complementary network, colocation, hosting and managed services from Savvis to accelerate their move to cloud." Savvis has a long history of technology integration with VMware to enable its broad portfolio of VMware-based cloud products supporting a global customer base. In the past year, Savvis:
- Launched the Savvis Cloud Ecosystem, which focuses on innovative technology partners using VMware's vCloud API.
- Announced the global availability of Savvis Cloud Data Center, which is based on the latest version of VMware vCloud Director orchestration platform.
- Joined the Cloud Foundry advisory board, which was recently established by Pivotal, to help guide the Cloud Foundry ecosystem as it fosters a platform for developers in an open and innovative community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV