Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:37 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Tuesday.
Both Piper Jaffray and Oppenheimer are urging caution on Salesforce.com (CRM) heading into earnings, despite the expectations for a strong second half of 2013. Cramer concurred. CRM fell 2.2% to $42.46.
When asked if the selloff in PetSmart (PETM) was overdone, Cramer said the stock always bounces back and he thinks it's a terrific company. PETM fell nearly 1% to $70.05.Apache (APA) was cut by Guggenheim. Cramer said 19% of the company's production is from Egypt, which is not a good place to be right now. APA was off 1.5% to $78.57. Stifel Nicolaus says Nike (NKE) will have a good quarter from strong U.S. sales, which surprised Cramer. He noted Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) reported a weak quarter. NKE was 1.7% lower at $62.81. Raymond James says to buy DirecTV (DTV) and sell Dish Network (DISH). Cramer said that call is pushing DirecTV higher. DTV closed at $57.98, up nearly 1%. Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD) is a play on the Permian Basin, which has been really strong of late, Cramer said. PXD fell 1.1% to $171.10. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV