SANTA CLARA, Calif.,
Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the network security company™, today announced its next-generation security platform will be featured at VMworld® 2013,
August 25-29 in
San Francisco and
October 15-17 in
While organizations have gained greater operational flexibility and lower data center costs by deploying virtualization solutions, the true promise of an agile, secure private cloud remains a challenge. Two of the key barriers are the ability to deploy security services at the same pace as virtual machines, and to unify security at the network and hypervisor levels. Working to address this challenge, Palo Alto Networks will demonstrate integration of the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform with VMware NSX, the network virtualization platform, at VMworld. This demonstration underscores how IT organizations can unlock all the benefits of the software-defined data center, from operational efficiencies to greater agility, without compromising security.
- "The VMware NSX network virtualization platform delivers the entire networking and security model in software, decoupled from the underlying physical infrastructure, allowing companies to achieve better business agility and speed. The combination of the VMware NSX Distributed Firewall with the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform will unify protection across physical and virtual environments in the software-defined data center."
, vice president, Cloud Networking and Security, VMware
- "In order to truly unlock the potential of the software defined data center, organizations must be able to accelerate deployment of business critical applications with transparent security enforcement and the best protection possible. The combination of VMware NSX and the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform allows customers to realize a streamlined and highly secure cloud experience."
, senior vice president of product management, Palo Alto Networks
To see the demonstration and hear more about the benefits of using the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform in combination with VMware NSX, visit the Palo Alto Networks booth #2305
Additionally, Palo Alto Networks and VMware will jointly host at
1:00 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 27
a breakout session in
, "VMware NSX and Next-Generation Security from Palo Alto Networks", providing further details.
For more information, visit:
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the leading next-generation network security company. Its innovative platform allows enterprises, service providers, and government entities to secure their networks by safely enabling the increasingly complex and rapidly growing number of applications running on their networks and by providing prevention against cyberthreats. The core of the Palo Alto Networks platform is its Next-Generation Firewall, which delivers application, user, and content visibility and control integrated within the firewall through its proprietary hardware and software architecture. Palo Alto Networks products and services can address a broad range of network security requirements, from the data center to the network perimeter, as well as the distributed enterprise, which includes branch offices and a growing number of mobile devices. Palo Alto Networks products are used by more than 12,500 customers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit
Palo Alto Networks is a registered trademark and "The Network Security Company" and the Palo Alto Networks Logo, are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
VMware and VMware NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
SOURCE Palo Alto Networks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts