Today at VMworld®, Citrix announced Citrix® NetScaler® Control Center for VMware. Citrix is automating deployment and configuration of NetScaler functionality within networks that will use the new VMware NSX™ network virtualization platform and other VMware virtualization technologies. Leveraging the same Citrix Triscale™ technology that powers the world’s largest clouds, NetScaler Control Center enables cloud administrators to programmatically insert best-in-class NetScaler services into software-defined datacenters built on VMware virtualization technologies.
In today’s era of mobility and cloud, an open network virtualization architecture is a critical element of the software-defined datacenter. It provides the networking agility and programmability necessary to simplify datacenter IT operations while enabling choice. Citrix is partnering with VMware to give customers the freedom to seamlessly insert NetScaler into VMware NSX networks, allowing them to deploy best-in-class NetScaler application delivery services into their VMware or other cloud environments. In doing so, Citrix is providing customers flexibility and choice when deploying advanced application availability, security and optimization functionality.
NetScaler Control Center integration with VMware NSX abstracts away the traditional complexities associated with physical network topology, enabling users to programmatically deploy NetScaler services within seconds. Leveraging infrastructure used to integrate NetScaler with Citrix CloudPlatform™ powered by Apache CloudStack, NetScaler Control Center automates the deployment, configuration and management of NetScaler services into virtualized networks, traditional physical networks, or into mixed physical and virtual networking environments. Combined with NetScaler SDX, NetScaler Control Center is another key milestone in the Citrix vision to deliver application-defined cloud networks.
HighlightsNetScaler Control Center for VMware will enable customers deploying Citrix NetScaler and VMware technologies to accelerate the transformation to the software-defined data center with its ability to:
- Enable users to spin-up NetScaler services in their VMware-based cloud environments at the same time they are spinning up virtual servers, virtual storage and the larger virtual network
- Allow self-service NetScaler configuration by users directly from the VMware vCloud® GUI
- Free users from dealing with the complexities of network topology and configuration, allowing them to focus solely on the NetScaler functionality that their applications need
- Complement NetScaler Insight Center and NetScaler Command Center, solutions that deliver deep visibility and control to critical business applications and mobile services across public and private cloud environments
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV