NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's the final week of August, and TheStreet's David Peltier and Lindsay Bell are telling investors what to expect.
This is considered the last week of summer for Wall Street. Volume will likely remain muted, especially because earnings are almost finished.
Peltier said he would be watching Campbell Soup Company (CPB), which plans to report earnings on Thursday. The stock has done terrificly this year, and he wants to see whether the momentum can continue.
Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) will also report earnings on Thursday, and it will be interesting to see whether the company can buck the disappointing retail trend, Peltier said.Guess? (GES) and Express (EXPR) are expected to report earnings on Wednesday. Pending home sales will be announced this week, following the disappointing new-homes sales data released Friday. However, the biggest economic data point likely will be the second-quarter GDP figure, Bell said. Economists are looking for a revision of 2.2%, vs. the prior estimate of 1.7%. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV