QC Holdings (NASDAQ: QCCO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.10%. QC Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries provide various retail consumer financial products and services in the United States. The company offers payday loans, which provide cash to the customers in exchange for a promissory note with a maturity of two to three weeks. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.49. The average volume for QC Holdings has been 11,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. QC Holdings has a market cap of $43.1 million and is part of the banking industry. Shares are down 21.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates QC Holdings as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QCCO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, QCCO has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- QCCO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Consumer Finance industry and the overall market, QC HOLDINGS INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- QC HOLDINGS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, QC HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.43 versus $0.66 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Consumer Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 80.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.73 million to $0.34 million.
- You can view the full QC Holdings Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts