Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks In The Top 3: NSH, PVR, RSO
Resource Capital Corporation (NYSE: RSO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 14.10%. Resource Capital Corp., a specialty finance company, purchases and manages a diversified portfolio of commercial real estate-related assets and commercial finance assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.38. The average volume for Resource Capital Corporation has been 1,178,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Resource Capital Corporation has a market cap of $722.6 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Resource Capital Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for RESOURCE CAPITAL CORP is rather high; currently it is at 65.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 25.43% trails the industry average.
- RSO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 49.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $16.45 million to $8.33 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, RESOURCE CAPITAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Resource Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV