NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - If the latest rumors are true Nokia (NOK) is readying at least one and possibly two new tablet devices which will run on Microsoft (MSFT) operating systems and ARM (ARMH)-based processors.
Speculation is rife that Nokia is poised to introduce a thin, lightweight Windows RT device with a 10-1-inch high-definition display. The Verge believes the new design could be called Sirius (or that might be it's internal codename).
Nokia shares were losing 0.5% to $4.14 in mid-day trading New York.
Sirius is rumored to have a top-of-the-line Qualcomm (QCOM) Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal storage, a 6-megapixel camera on the back and 2 MP up front and a 1920 by 1080 pixels HD display. There is also talk of microSD, microHDMI and microUSB ports. It's expected the tablet will be among the first to use the updated Windows RT 8.1 operating systemIt's believed the overall design will resemble Nokia's current Lumia line of Windows smartphones. It is said to be thinner and lighter than Apple's (AAPL) current iPad model (due for refresh announcement on September 10th) weighing approximately one pound. Pricing of the Sirius is expected to be similar to the iPad as well. Another new device, a smartphone/tablet with a 6-inch screen is also being rumored for introduction later this year.. This device will reportedly run on Microsoft;s Windows Phone operating system. Announcements for either of both devices could come within the next few weeks. It is now expected that Nokia will host an as-of-yet unannounced event here in New York on September 26th. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV