As Apple comes under pressure to increase its buyback program from activist investor Carl Icahn, who hopes to boost its share price, one thing that will keep shareholders happy is selling more iPhones. A deal with NTT Docomo is undoubtedly going to do that, though the timing of said deal continues to remain a mystery.
With an executive from NTT Docomo now publicly mentioning selling the iPhone and getting a deal done, it appears that something may happen between the two companies sooner rather than later.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV