Trade-Ideas: Cigna (CI) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- CI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.8 million.
- CI has traded 734,186 shares today.
- CI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CI: Cigna Corporation, a health services organization, provides insurance and related products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. CI has a PE ratio of 15.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Cigna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cigna has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cigna has a market cap of $22.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.06 days to cover. Shares are up 45.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cigna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, CIGNA CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.35% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 74.89% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CIGNA CORP has improved earnings per share by 34.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CIGNA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.61 versus $4.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.65 versus $5.61).
- You can view the full Cigna Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts