DALLAS, Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ:TXN) today introduced the industry's first RF power converters to integrate the MIPI Alliance's radio frequency front-end (RFFE) digital control interface, a specification that simplifies multi-band and multi-radio communications. The highly efficient LM3263 buck converter and LM3279 buck-boost converter significantly reduce the heat and power consumption in RF power amplifiers, improving battery life and extending talk time in 2G, 3G and 4G LTE smartphones, tablets and data cards. View an Engineer It video, which outlines how to meet power requirements for the RFFE interface. Order samples at: www.ti.com/lm3263-pr.
The LM3263 2.5-A buck converter's average power tracking feature helps it meet stringent RF requirements of multi-mode, multi-band power amplifiers with fast output voltage transients. The device also includes active current assist and bypass to minimize inductor size without loss of output regulation -- resulting in a 10-mm 2 solution, which is half the size of competing solutions. The LM3279 1-A buck-boost regulator supports fast output voltage transients for 3G and 4G LTE. The device enables the amplifier to support high output power and high data rates, even at low battery voltages.
Key features and benefits of LM3263 and LM3279:
- MIPI RFFE digital control interface provides compatibility with next-generation RF front end chipsets, power amplifiers and reference platforms. The 2.5-A LM3263 meets voltage and current requirements of 2G, 3G and 4G, and the LM3279 supports 1-A loads for 3G and 4G.
- Smallest solution size: The 2.7-MHz LM3263 buck converter results in a 10-mm 2 total solution size; and the LM3279 is a 13-mm 2 solution.
- Extends battery run-time: 95-percent efficiency; reduces heat dissipation and cuts battery current consumption through average power tracking with dynamically adjustable output voltage.
- High performance, low noise: Designed to meet RF and 3GPP requirements, the LM3279 buck-boost supports high linearity and high output power, even at low battery voltages.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts