ORRVILLE, Ohio, Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- One creative kid's unique sandwich recipe could help put them on the road to college. Now through November 8, 2013, the makers of Jif® Peanut Butter invite families to ignite their culinary creativity in the kitchen and create an original sandwich recipe for the 12 th Annual Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest ™. Parents of children between ages 6 and 12 are able to submit their child's original recipe for a chance to win a $25,000 college fund and a trip to New York City.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/61863-jif-peanut-butter-annual-most-creative-sandwich-contest-scholarship-prize
With so many new products joining the Jif family this year, there are now even more ways for kids to get creative and incorporate new flavors and varieties into their sandwiches. From giving the classic peanut butter sandwich a makeover using Jif Peanut Butter to whipping up a unique sandwich recipe featuring NEW Jif Hazelnut Spreads, Jif Whipped Peanut Butter Spreads, Jif Almond Butter or Jif Cashew Butter – the possibilities are endless!"Throughout the history of the contest, we have received so many delicious and creative recipes from young chefs and their parents," said Maribeth Burns, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. "This year, we're excited to feature an even bigger portfolio of Jif products in the contest, providing an endless number of possibilities for truly unique, culinary creations." Last year, 10-year-old Jacob C. from Morganton, NC took home the grand prize for his creative recipe, the Magnificent Mole Chicken Torta. Jacob's unique use of Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread in a savory mole sauce earned him a $25,000 college fund. About the Contest
- From August 20, 2013 at 12:00 Noon ET through November 8, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. ET, parents can submit their child's innovative recipe online at Jif.com by completing the contest entry form.
- Sandwiches will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, taste, visual appeal and ease of preparation.
- Each original sandwich recipe submitted must contain at least two tablespoons of Jif Peanut Butter, Jif Hazelnut Spread, Jif Whips Spreads, Jif Almond Butter or Jif Cashew Butter.
- Entries must be submitted online by 11:59 a.m. ET on November 8, 2013.
- Ten online finalists will be chosen in November, 2013 and will participate in a nationwide online vote beginning January, 2014. Five finalists will then attend an event in New York City, where the contest grand prize winner will be announced.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV