MAKERS, the first-of-its-kind multiplatform video initiative that aims to become the largest collection of women’s stories ever assembled, has reached a major milestone today with the launch of its 200 th MAKER: WNBA star Lisa Leslie. MAKERS celebrates the pioneering contributions by women over the last 50 years – from Supreme Court Justices, Secretaries of State and CEOs to athletes, activists and entertainers. Since its inception in February 2012, MAKERS has doubled the number videos collected by female trailblazers, week by week introducing inspiring stories by women who have helped shape America over the last 50 years. The induction of Lisa Leslie as the 200 th MAKER coincides with the celebration of Women’s Equality Day – the date when the 19 th Amendment officially granted American women the right to vote in 1920 – an important milestone in one of the most sweeping social revolutions in our country’s history.
As the 200 th MAKER, Lisa Leslie – Olympic gold medalist, three-time WNBA MVP and co-owner of the Los Angeles Sparks joins other groundbreakers that have initiated change, been firsts-in-their-fields and paved the way for those who followed. Her story of triumph and success joins those from network news pioneer Katie Couric, Academy Award-winning actress Rita Moreno and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. Now on MAKERS.com, Leslie provides her intimate accounts of how she changed the game of women’s professional basketball; her stories will be part of the online living library that highlights a new generation of women who are driving social change today.
In Leslie’s 16 short-form videos, she discusses her journey from a six-foot seventh grade basketball player to the first woman in the WNBA to dunk a basketball. Leslie also candidly reveals how she overcame the challenges of competing in a male dominated sport and her efforts to change the mindset.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV