VMworld—8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), provider of innovative cloud communications and computing solutions, today launched its new Zerigo VDI, the most comprehensive, turnkey, enterprise-grade deployment and management platform for desktop virtualization.
Built to power the high-demand Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) needs of global telecom leader SoftBank and cloud/data center provider CoSentry, 8x8 is now offering Zerigo VDI for licensing as a white-label solution to enable telco, data center and Internet service providers (ISPs) along with enterprise IT departments to quickly configure and deploy complete IaaS and DaaS services.
8x8 will offer live demos of Zerigo VDI and IaaS at Booth 229 and at the VCE Booth 1015 during the 10th Annual VMworld San Francisco, August 25-29.
“This high-velocity solution offers maximum flexibility and simplicity to meet the needs of a wide variety of service providers—from top-tier telcos to smaller ISPs - looking to grow their business with next-generation VDI and IaaS services,” said Andy Schwabecher, General Manager of 8x8 Cloud Hosting. “The Zerigo software suite supports cross-platform access, enabling service providers to provision, manage and bill any Linux or Windows desktop to any thin client, PC, Mac, iOS, Android or other mobile device for truly ubiquitous compatibility.”“We are very impressed with the technological expertise and efficiency 8x8 has demonstrated with the development of this customized VDI solution,” said Ken Miyauchi, Softbank Senior Executive Vice President. “No other VDI and IaaS solution provides the comprehensive feature set, ease of management, scalability and billing available in 8x8’s Zerigo software suite to make launching these services both easy and profitable. Adding Zerigo to our product line supports SoftBanks’s global business growth objectives with a cost-effective and efficient solution.” 8x8’s Zerigo VDI and IaaS solutions provide numerous high-performance features to speed deployment and simplify management of VDI pools and VDC for clients, while supporting rapid business growth with a ready-to-launch solution for service providers. Unique features include:
- Integrated client billing for complete business management. The Zerigo software suite is the first service provider-grade platform of its kind to offer complete DaaS and IaaS management in user-friendly package with built-in billing support. Zerigo tracks real-time monthly usage, then automatically generates and distributes invoices to clients. The system can also be configured to allow automated payment processing and receipt generation.
- Rapid desktop provisioning in just three clicks. Zerigo’s management and orchestration of Horizon View 5.1 takes the complexity out of VMware provisioning with a template-style approach that requires minimal technical expertise. Entire desktop pools can be launched in a matter of minutes through the intuitive GUI in as few as three clicks. The platform offers both pre-configured Windows desktop templates, as well as the option to custom-configure each desktop to suit specific needs.
- Simplified one-stop orchestration and management dashboard. Zerigo VDI offers the complete VMware View feature set in an easy-to-manage portal to simplify the deployment and administration of VDI pools with an easy-to-use, self-service interface. The system can be configured to support both service provider and client-side admin of the entire VDI environment, allowing service providers to offer value-added support and management or give their customers the freedom to self-manage their own deployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV