Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Tanriverdi Mensucat Sanayii A.S. to open a new-build Sheraton hotel in Samsun, Turkey. Scheduled to debut late 2014, Sheraton Samsun Hotel will mark Starwood’s entry into the emerging city and will be the company’s 11 th hotel in Turkey. The Sheraton brand continues to grow around the globe and remains on track to open its 500 th hotel by 2015.
“I would like to thank the Tanriverdi family for putting their trust in Starwood and the Sheraton brand as we enter into our first hotel development together with the Sheraton Samsun hotel,” said Michael Wale, President, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East. “Our innovative approach to managing lifestyle brands continues to set us apart from the competition and, with the signing of this agreement, we are proud to debut Starwood and the Sheraton brand in the emerging city of Samsun, further underlining our commitment to expansion in Turkey.”
“Sheraton Samsun Hotel will be the first international five-star, and also the largest, hotel in Samsun, marking a milestone in the city,” said Recep Tanriverdi, Chairman of the Board, Tanriverdi Group of Companies. “We are excited to work with Starwood to bring the world-renowned Sheraton brand to Samsun as it continues to grow as an important business, industry and transport hub.”
Sheraton Samsun Hotel will be ideally located in the heart of Samsun on the Black Sea coast, three kilometers from the city center and 25 kilometers from Samsun Carsamba Airport. The hotel will feature 200 guest rooms and 20 suites, all with scenic views of the Black Sea. The 29-storey hotel will be the largest hotel and the tallest building in Samsun. The hotel is being designed by Turkish architectural firm, Piramit Mimarlik, together with Istanbul-based interior designer, Kreatif Mimarlik.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV