SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UBNT) ("Ubiquiti") today announced it has shipped its one millionth UniFi enterprise Wi-Fi access point (AP), climbing to 4 th in unit market share in just two years (Gartner Research).
In celebration of this important milestone, the one millionth UniFi access point is plated in 24-karat gold (click here for image). Ubiquiti will announce the purchaser of the "Golden AP" upon discovery.
"Enterprise buyers have quickly discovered that cutting-edge, high-performance Wi-Fi technology doesn't have to be expensive," said Robert J. Pera, CEO at Ubiquiti Networks. "Ubiquiti is proving that by eliminating inefficient business practices, we can disrupt incumbents in a highly competitive market and deliver great value to customers."
Combining technical innovation, ease of use, scalability, and disruptive price performance, UniFi is deployed around the world to help under networked businesses, hotel chains, restaurants, hospitals, schools, and others looking to benefit from the overall competitiveness tied to high-performance Wi-Fi.Key Ubiquiti UniFi milestones along the way to 1 million access points:
- UniFi first introduced in 2011
- Now 4 th in market share by unit volume (Gartner Enterprise WLAN Coordinated Access Points Unit Shipments Report 1Q 2013)
- Fastest growing enterprise WLAN provider in the market
- Deployed in more than 180 countries
- First cloud-ready software controller
- 6 different access point models: 4 indoor and 2 outdoor
- First to announce and ship Enterprise 802.11ac access point
- First to enable seamless roaming for mobile devices with Zero Handoff Roaming
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts