CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems' Aerostructures business has been chosen by Sunwing Airlines to service nacelle components for its fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft. Under the five-year agreement, UTC Aerospace Systems' Alabama Service Center in Foley, Ala. will perform maintenance, repair and overhaul of the inlets, fan cowls and small components for the CFM56-7 engines that power Sunwing's fleet of 24 Boeing 737-800 aircraft. The agreement also provides the airline with access to UTC Aerospace Systems' pool of rotable nacelle components, which will help ensure operational reliability for the airline. The Alabama Service Center is part of UTC Aerospace Systems' Aerostructures business headquartered in Chula Vista, California. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
"We are pleased to welcome Sunwing Airlines into the family of airlines supported by our global aftermarket organization," said Marc Duvall, president of UTC Aerospace Systems' Aerostructures business unit. "As the original equipment manufacturer of these Boeing 737NG components, we are well positioned to delight Sunwing with outstanding service from our Alabama Service Center."
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
Sunwing Airlines has become the leading, integrated leisure tour operator in Canada since it began operations in 2002. A full-service airline providing "high frills" leisure class service at a low cost, Sunwing has consistently been voted the number one leisure airline by Canadian travel agents. Sunwing's corporate and sales offices are located in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV