TORONTO, Aug. 26, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) announced today that discussions with Aimia and TD regarding a potential three-way agreement are continuing.
On August 12 th, CIBC, TD and Aimia announced that the three parties were in discussions about a broad framework that would see CIBC sell approximately 50 per cent of the current Aerogold portfolio to TD with the accounts being divested consisting primarily of credit card only clients. Consistent with its strategy to invest in and deepen client relationships, CIBC would retain the Aerogold credit card accounts held by clients with broader banking relationships.
The parties will make an announcement when an agreement has been reached or when the discussions have concluded without an agreement. There can be no assurances that an agreement will be reached. In the event an agreement is not reached, CIBC retains its rights to exercise its legal options under the provisions of its existing contract with Aimia.
CIBC's existing contract with Aimia expires on December 31 st, 2013. In the meantime it is business as usual for CIBC clients who will continue to earn and redeem Aeroplan miles under the current contract terms.About CIBC CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with more than 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com. SOURCE CIBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV