EDINBURG, Va., Aug. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Shenandoah Telecommunications Company ("Shentel") (Nasdaq:SHEN) announces an organizational realignment to better focus on its three lines of business and meet the needs of its customers.
"Over the past several months we have been evaluating all aspects of our business," said Christopher French, President and Chief Executive Officer. "In order to continue growing all of our business segments, we have realigned our management structure to provide more focus on each business and to push additional functions and decision-making closer to customers. Shentel has historically been organized functionally, but the new organization will primarily be organized around our Wireless, Cable and Wireline business. We will retain certain functional areas such as Information Technology, Accounting and Finance, and Human Resources which will continue to support all three lines of business."
With these changes, the responsibilities for three senior executives have changed as follows:
- Thomas A. Whitaker has been named Vice President - Cable, and has responsibility for cable marketing, sales, and operations. Tom previously held the position of Vice President - Operations.
- Edward H. McKay has been named Vice President – Wireline & Engineering, and has responsibility for wireline sales, marketing and operations while retaining the responsibilities he held as Vice President - Engineering & Planning.
- William L. Pirtle has been named Vice President – Wireless, and has responsibility for wireless marketing, sales, network operations, site acquisition, and tower leasing. Willy previously held the position of Vice President – Sales & Marketing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV