Bryan Brothers Serve Up Surprise Tennis Clinic For Youth Players At Arthur Ashe Kids' Day Presented By Hess
NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This morning, a group of twenty young tennis players spilled onto a court at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center for a surprise private clinic with doubles superstars Mike and Bob Bryan. The Bryan Brothers partnered with US Open sponsor Esurance and the USTA/National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) to host a private clinic at the 18 th annual Arthur Ashe Kids' Day, in an effort to inspire kids to work hard and pursue their passions – on and off the court.
"I think it's one of the best things you can do in life, to help someone else - especially a kid," said Mike Bryan. "To put a racket in a kid's hand, exposing them to a sport that we love and we know is great, can change their life for the better. It means the world to be a part of it."
The identical twin brothers are currently the number one doubles tennis pairing in the world, having won more professional matches, games, tournaments and Grand Slams than any other pairing.Several of the 8-12 year olds traveled early this morning from Far Rockaway, one of Superstorm Sandy's hardest hit areas. They were members of New York Junior Tennis and Learning (NYJTL), the largest tennis and education-themed community organization in the country. Other young attendees from Arthur Ashe Kids' Day also participated. "Playing with the Bryan Brothers was a great experience because they're my inspiration," said Darraline Bryan, age 12. "They help me with what I want to be when I grow up. I can pick up things that they do and become as good as them."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV