10 Pumpkin Beers You're Seeing Before Labor Day and Why
Post Road Pumpkin Ale
Brooklyn Brewery has been churning out this seasonal mainstay for so long that it's starting to look like a lightweight compared with its brawnier competition.
What's kept it around for so long, however, is the fact that it's by no means a pumpkin pie beer. Brewmaster Garrett Oliver keeps this a genuine pumpkin ale by ditching the spices and pouring on the pounds upon pounds of pumpkin mash.It's one of the few pumpkin ales that comes out as orange in color as its namesake gourd, but uses enough Belgian and British malt to mellow it out. The result is a mild, flavorful 5% ABV beer best enjoyed among friends during a fall outing or a warming session at a nearby pub. Pumpkin ale doesn't need to smell or taste like a bake shop when you're using its base ingredient to its full potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV